Sunday, January 10, 2010

Revival from Ashes

This blog remained idle for almost three years (just like me).But Paradkar sir’s lecture today has given me an excuse to revive it. Actually some people (read Nithish Ouseph, our SR) were having apprehensions about him before today’s lecture. I guess he cleared a lot of doubts about him today itself and clearly laid out the rules of the game which he is going to play with us for the next three months i.e. Financial Management.

To begin with, he talked about Bhagwad Gita and why it is the ultimate book of management and of which The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari is a crude version. Well, I have read both the books and I can say it with a fair level of confidence that he was right. He also shared many of his ‘Globe-trotting’ experiences with us. But the reason why I liked his lecture is that both of us share the same passions: Stock Markets, Real Estate and Cricket. I entered into the stock markets when I was barely 10 (i.e. 10 years old and not 10 months as that would be too farfetched). But as he said that no one can claim to be a master of stock markets which is strengthened by the fact that my portfolio is in loss even after years of experience in stock markets.

We made a sort of record for ourselves today as we attended the class for almost three and a half hours continuously even as people sitting adjacent to me kept murmuring that their bladders were bursting as there were no signs of any break.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Tarang Karangutkar carried his on field form of Cricket to the class also as he hit a six with his ‘tax saving’ answer. Good Going Tarang, there are no signs of ‘depreciation’ in your form.

No comments: